Degree Works HelpWeb for Students
What is Degree Works?
Degree Works is a web-based tool designed to help students and advisers monitor progress toward degree completion. Degree Works uses degree requirements from the college catalog and re-organizes the student’s transcript to produce an easy-to-read audit.
The audit is divided into blocks to show all of the necessary requirements and how courses taken or in-progress count toward those requirements. Each block contains checkboxes to easily identify what courses and requirements are complete, almost complete, or still outstanding.
Degree Works can be used as part of advising sessions to determine course selections (in conjunction with the courses offered for the term) and review graduation requirements.
Why should I use Degree Works?
Degree Works is intended to support and enhance academic advising. Students and advisers are able to:
- View detailed requirements for the degree, major, minor, and concentration
- See how completed, in-progress, and approved transfer course work applies to degree requirements
- Identify courses needed to complete specific degree requirements
- View cumulative and major/minor GPAs
- Plan course selection for future semesters using the Look Ahead feature
- Generate What-If audits to view hypothetical major and/or minor changes based on current and projected course work
- Calculate an estimated GPA based on projected performance for the term
- Calculate the grade combination(s) needed to achieve a target GPADegree Works is intended to support and complement academic advising not to replace face-to-face advising sessions or the catalog.
Degree Works is intended to support and complement academic advising not to replace face-to-face advising sessions or the catalog.
How do I access Degree Works?
From Web for Students, click on the Degree Works (degree audit) link on the student information & financial aid tab to go to the log in page. Log in using your regular Morrisville credentials.
Tutorials and helpful documents