South Hall a traditional, double-occupancy, residence hall with a community comprised of approximately 200-first-year students. South is one of two residence halls focused exclusively on the first-year student experience; programming efforts emphasize adjusting to college life and finding success both inside and outside of the classroom. Residents live within the Pond Quad, conveniently located near student parking and Shop 24.
- South is a corridor-style residence hall with student rooms conveniently clustered around central bathroom and showering facilities.
- South’s large student rooms measure approximately 16-feet by 11.5 feet.
- Each resident receives a mattress, adjustable bedframe, desk, desk chair, nightstand, dresser, and wall closet.
- On average, approximately one bathroom is shared per nine residents.
- Each residential area features a furnished common area, commonly used for resident assistant programming, floor meetings, and hanging out.
- A large recreational lounge is located on the ground floor and is equipped with a 52-inch flat screen television and pool, foosball, and ping-pong tables.
- A 24-hour quiet study lounge is located on the ground floor.
- Floor sections and bathrooms are gender specific; residents of all genders live within the hall.
- All rooms have access to hi-definition cable television and state-of-the-art wireless network coverage.
- Laundry facilities, recycling, vending machines, and weekday mail delivery are available in hall.
- All residence halls are locked 24-hours per day, requiring residents to swipe an ID card for access to the hall.