Field to ForkProjects
A partnership of the BS Nursing, Agricultural Business and Dietetic Technician Programs
Morrisville State College is hosting "Field to Fork in Central New York," a public educational event on food systems and how they impact our health.
The event begins Nov. 11 and ends on Nov. 16, and includes a number of presentations, a writing contest, meals made with local foods, a panel discussion and a film viewing. Entry is free, with the exception of the Mustang Alley local cuisine meal, costing $4.75 plus tax.
These events are sponsored by the Morrisville Auxiliary Corporation (MAC) and a partnership of the Baccalaureate Nursing & Agricultural Business Programs.
Food Writing Contest - November 11-16:
Led by Professor Tim Gerken. Sponsored by MSC Humanities Department of the School of Liberal Arts. View Contest Rules (PDF)
"Factory to Fryer: No Fork Requiredâ€ Art Show â€“ November 11-16
Located in Butcher Library
Thursday, November 11 Events/Participants:
- Presentation: "The Public's Perception of Agriculture - Helping Producers with Public Speaking"
Speaker: Mrs. Barbara Silvestri, Agricultural Environmental Management (AEM) Program Coordinator, NYS Department of Agriculture. Sponsored by MSC Agricultural Business Faculty
3 - 5 p.m. STUAC Theater
- Art Show Reception: "Factory to Fryer: No Fork Required"
4 - 5:45 p.m. Butcher Library
- Viewing of the movie Food, Inc., the 2009 Academy Award Nominee for "Best Documentary Feature." Sponsored by MSC CAB, the Baccalaureate Student Nursing Association, & BS Nursing
6 - 9 p.m. STUAC Theater
Tuesday, November 16 Events/Participants:
- Tour the Dairy Complex, Methane Digester and Hydroponics System. Open to the public as well as students.
- Presentation: "Assuring A Healthy Food System Through Animal Agriculture"
Speaker: Julie Berry, Executive Director NY Animal Agriculture Coalition. Sponsored by MSC Agricultural Business Faculty
4 - 5 p.m. STUAC Theater
- Worlds Fare in Mustang Alley
Complete meal featuring foods from the display cooking, made with local foods. Mustang Alley Executive Chef, Rebecca Dowsland. Sponsored by Morrisville Auxiliary Corporation.
4 - 8 p.m. STUAC - Worlds Fare in Mustang Alley
- Display Cooking with Samples of Menu Featuring Local Foods.
Mustang Ally Executive Chef, Rebecca Dowsland. Sponsored by Morrisville Auxiliary Corporation.
5 - 6 p.m. STUAC Lobby
- MSC Student Poster Displays from: BS Nursing, Ag Business, Ag Science, Dairy Management & Dietetic Technician Programs & the BSNA Poster presentations and educational displays from local farmers/community members.
5 - 6 p.m. STUAC Lobby
- Panel Presentation: "Rethinking Health: Field to Fork In Central New York"
Moderator: Wyatt Galusky; Keynote: Eric Faisst, Public Health Director of Madison County DOH; Becca Jablonski, Cornell Cooperative Extension; Shawn Bossard, MSC Farm Manager; Nannette Cowen, MSC BS Nursing; Joan Nicholson, MSC Dietetic Technician Program. Event is free, but Registration is required for planning. Register by Friday, Nov 12th: Registration Form
6:30 â€“ 9 p.m. STUAC Theater
For more information, contact:
Eryn A. Ossont
AAS, RN, CLC