What was Morrisville like when you were attending?
“I had transferred from a community college where I felt like nobody cared or was willing to help me to a college where I felt that I was home with family and friends. Morrisville State College welcomed me with open arms and always made me feel like I wasn’t just another. There was not one professor or staff member who did not open their arms to help with any situations that may have come about."
Medical Office Administration A.A.S.
Graduates from this program have achieved excellent office and communication skills which separates them from the rest of their competition.
If you look at any employment ad in the newspaper, skills learned in the Office Administration curriculum are those very same skills desired and required in almost any field today (i.e., excellent communication skills, meticulous to detail, proficient Word Processing skills, excellent oral presentation skills, team worker, etc.).
While many students immediately enter the workforce upon finishing their studies with Morrisville State College, some also continue on with their education. Many graduates stay with Morrisville State College and enroll directly into a four-year program (Business Administration BBA, Tech Management and/or Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management). Other students decide to transfer into other institutions such as SUNYIT, Rochester Institute of Technology, SUNY Brockport, SUNY Stony Brook, University at Albany, Oswego State University and Buffalo State to continue their studies in programs such as elementary education, business/distributive education, human resource management, etc. Most of the courses they completed at Morrisville are accepted into these schools, with little overlapping. The transfer process goes very smoothly and they enter their bachelor degree program as either a fourth-semester or fifth-semester student.
SUNYIT’s Human Information Management program has agreed to accept 57 of our 64 credits from our Medical Office Administration A.A.S program.
Students who have decided to immediately enter the workforce are pleasantly surprised at how quickly they gain employment. Student success stories of the Office Administration AAS/Medical Office Administration A.A.S graduates include:
- Executive Secretary to the president of a local community college in Syracuse , NY
- Administrative Assistant at Lockheed Martin in Owego, NY
- Systems Administrator, Liberty Resources
- Office Manager of a photography studio in Hamilton, NY
- Office Assistant at a rehabilitation center in Syracuse, NY
- Administrative Assistant at St. Joseph's Medical, PC
- Administrative Assistant at a concrete firm in Hamilton, NY
- Typist 1 at Morrisville State College
- Legal Secretary in Hamilton, NY
- Correspondence Clerk at a medical office in Fayetteville, NY
- Receptionist at Apothecus Pharmaceutical in Glenhead, NY
- Secretary at Colgate University in Hamilton, NY
- Office Receptionist at dental office in Oswego, NY
- Customer Service Representative at Ralph W. Earl Company in East Syracuse, NY
Let Morrisville State College help you build a career!