What MSC professor has influenced you and why?
“Professor Rogers, who teaches biology influenced me. I find it interesting to learn facts about biology, knowing the itsy-bitsy things about your body. It’s pretty cool. Professor Rogers teaches the class in a way where you want to go home, go over your notes and actually study. I would come back to class rejuvenated and excited to participate in the discussion and to learn more things. Professor Rogers is awesome!”
Program Learning Outcomes
- To evaluate, create and communicate professional and effective oral and written means of communication (memorandums, letters, fax cover sheets, reports, PowerPoint, spreadsheets, agendas/itineraries).
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze medical language using prefixes, suffixes, root words and combining forms.
- Recognize/practice legal and ethical responsibilities of an administrative medical specialists (including HIPAA mandates, medical records, health information and consents and disclosures as well as telephone etiquette.
- Code diagnoses and procedures using ICD-9 and CPT 4 coding systems.
- Analyze and complete insurance claim forms.
- Transcribe a dictated letter or medical document without errors into a mail-ready document using a computer.
- Identify and apply technological skills including: operating systems, spreadsheets, database management and Internet research.
- Apply appropriate critical thinking skills and identify human relation skills in structured case settings.