"Morrisville is the right choice for me because it gives me an opportunity to further my education while allowing me to stay involved with field hockey! Plus, it is right in my backyard so I am able to commute to campus while still being able to experience college life!"
Program Learning Outcomes
- To evaluate, create and communicate professional and effective oral and written means of communication (memorandums, letters, fax cover sheets, reports, PowerPoint, spreadsheets, agendas/itineraries).
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze medical language using prefixes, suffixes, root words and combining forms.
- Recognize/practice legal and ethical responsibilities of an administrative medical specialists (including HIPAA mandates, medical records, health information and consents and disclosures as well as telephone etiquette.
- Code diagnoses and procedures using ICD-9 and CPT 4 coding systems.
- Analyze and complete insurance claim forms.
- Transcribe a dictated letter or medical document without errors into a mail-ready document using a computer.
- Identify and apply technological skills including: operating systems, spreadsheets, database management and Internet research.
- Apply appropriate critical thinking skills and identify human relation skills in structured case settings.