What MSC professor has influenced you and why?
“Professor Rogers who teaches biology influenced me. I find it interesting to learn facts about the biology, knowing the itsy-bitsy things about your body, it’s pretty cool. Professor Roger teaches the class in a way where you want to go home and go over your notes and actually study and come back rejuvenated to participate in the class as well as learn more things. Professor Rogers is awesome!”
Program Learning Outcomes
- To evaluate, create and communicate professional and effective oral and written means of communication (memorandums, letters, fax cover sheets, reports, PowerPoint, spreadsheets, agendas/itineraries).
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze medical language using prefixes, suffixes, root words and combining forms.
- Recognize/practice legal and ethical responsibilities of an administrative medical specialists (including HIPAA mandates, medical records, health information and consents and disclosures as well as telephone etiquette.
- Code diagnoses and procedures using ICD-9 and CPT 4 coding systems.
- Analyze and complete insurance claim forms.
- Transcribe a dictated letter or medical document without errors into a mail-ready document using a computer.
- Identify and apply technological skills including: operating systems, spreadsheets, database management and Internet research.
- Apply appropriate critical thinking skills and identify human relation skills in structured case settings.