What was Morrisville like when you were attending?
“I had transferred from a community college where I felt like nobody cared or was willing to help me to a college where I felt that I was home with family and friends. Morrisville State College welcomed me with open arms and always made me feel like I wasn’t just another. There was not one professor or staff member that did not open there arms to help with any situations that may have come about."
Program Learning Outcomes
- To evaluate, create and communicate professional and effective oral and written means of communication (memorandums, letters, fax cover sheets, reports, PowerPoint, spreadsheets, agendas/itineraries).
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze medical language using prefixes, suffixes, root words and combining forms.
- Recognize/practice legal and ethical responsibilities of an administrative medical specialists (including HIPAA mandates, medical records, health information and consents and disclosures as well as telephone etiquette.
- Code diagnoses and procedures using ICD-9 and CPT 4 coding systems.
- Analyze and complete insurance claim forms.
- Transcribe a dictated letter or medical document without errors into a mail-ready document using a computer.
- Identify and apply technological skills including: operating systems, spreadsheets, database management and Internet research.
- Apply appropriate critical thinking skills and identify human relation skills in structured case settings.