Online TutoringTutoring Services
NightOWL Online Tutoring
The AEC is able to provide online tutoring through its membership in the STAR-NY (Sharing Tutoring and Academic Resources New York) Consortium. Besides Morrisville, the other colleges participating are Albany, Alfred State, Binghamton, Buffalo, Buffalo State, Cobleskill, Columbia-Greene CC, Corning CC, Cortland, Erie CC, Finger Lakes CC, Genesee CC, Maritime, New Paltz, Oswego, Plattsburgh, Poly, Tompkins-Cortland Community College, and Ulster Community College. These member campuses hire tutors who can help students attending any of the participating campuses.
Schedule of Online Tutoring
NightOWL services for Spring 2017 will be available 7:00 PM to midnight Sundays through Thursdays from Sunday, 2/5/17, through Thursday, 5/11/17, for the following subjects:
- Writing (for any classes below the 400-level, excluding foreign languages)
- Math (SKLS 091; MAGN 101; and MATH 102, 103, 141, 147, 151)
- Chemistry up to CHEM 242
- Biology up to BIOL 151
- Physics up to PHYS 108
- PSYC 101
- ECON 100 and 140
- Nursing (NURS) at the introductory level
- Computer Science (COSC) at the introductory level
- Accounting (ACCT) at the 100-level (only on Sundays)
- Writing assignments at the 400-level and master's level (only on Mondays and Wednesdays)
Instructions for Working with an Online Tutor:
- Students may email papers, assignments, questions, etc. that they would like to discuss with the tutors to firstname.lastname@example.org. Documents can be sent to this email at any time, but students have to enter the online tutoring platform between 7:00 p.m. and midnight Sundays through Thursdays to work with a tutor. A tutor will not respond or correct your work and then email it to you. To receive online tutoring, a student must interact with the tutor in the online platform. Documents may also be uploaded during the tutoring session itself.
- Open an updated version of a browser such as Firefox, Safari, or Chrome (do NOT use Internet Explorer) to log into the tutoring site: www.cortland.edu/asap/online/STAR-NY_signin.asp
- Click on the "Tutor Request" link to read and agree to the consent information and to set up your account.
- Select the room for the subject with which you would like assistance. You may have to wait because students are helped in the order in which they log on; the tutors should greet you in the chat box area to the right of the whiteboard when you enter their rooms.
For more information, please contact: